If our programme excites you, we will be happy to receive your application. The minimum requirements are a bachelor degree, and proficiency in English. The latter can be demonstrated by for instance a first degree in English, IELTS Academic score 6.5, or Dutch secondary education HAVO 8 or VWO 7.5. Work experience in the museum and heritage sector is strongly preferred.
Given the high student demand for a programme with only 20 to 22 spaces, we follow a rigorous selection process based on individual quality and group diversity. Applications are assessed twice a year. The first students will be selected in April, and the remaining spots will be filled in June.
To apply, please email the following to RWA-AMHS@ahk.nl:
- Your completed application form
- A motivation letter explaining why you think this is the best programme for you given your career goals, interests and museum and heritage experience (ca. 1000 words)
- An example of your academic writing (bachelor’s thesis, published article, etc.)
- A scan of your passport
- A passport-sized photograph
- Scans of your relevant academic certificates
- Proof of English proficiency –if required.
The submission deadlines are 1 April and 1 June. After submission, students will be called for a face-to-face or online interview.
Please note that the start of the programme is dependant on accreditation.