If our programme excites you, we will be happy to receive your application. The minimum requirements are a bachelor degree, and proficiency in English. The latter can be demonstrated by for instance a first degree in English, IELTS Academic score 6.5, or Dutch secondary education HAVO 8 or VWO 7.5. Work experience in the museum and heritage sector is strongly preferred.
Given the high student demand for a programme with only 20 to 22 spaces, we follow a rigorous selection process based on individual quality and group diversity. Applications are assessed twice a year. The first ten students will be selected in March, and the remaining spots will be filled in May.
To apply, please register at Studielink. You will be requested to upload the following:
- Your completed application form (which you will receive after registration)
- Your CV
- A motivation letter explaining why you think this is the best programme for you given your career goals, interests and museum and heritage experience (ca. 1000 words)
- An admission assignment: With reference to at least 3 academic or professional publications reflect on the most critical skills the 21st- century heritage professional should have (1500 words without footnotes and citations to your references)
- A scan of your passport
- A passport-sized photograph
- Scans of your relevant academic certificates
- Proof of English proficiency – if required.
- Optional: An example of your academic writing (bachelor’s thesis, published article, etc.)
The submission deadlines are 1 March and 1 May. After submission, students with sincere and complete applications will be invited for an online interview. We will let you know the result of your application within approximately 3 weeks