Admission and application
Please note that the Reinwardt Academy does not offer a master’s programme in 2019-2020. A new government-sponsored programme is currently being developed for 2020-2021.
The website has not yet been updated with information about the new programme but it does give you an idea of things to come. The programme information will be updated as soon as possible.
To apply to our master's programme you have to meet the following requirements:
- You have an academic degree in any field or at least 5 years of relevant work experience with demonstrable bachelor's degree level skills and knowledge of the museum or heritage sector;
- You are fluent in spoken and written English (IELTS 6.5 or equivalent);
- You are able to meet the financial requirements of the programme.
Your application will be assessed by an admissions committee.
We aim to select the most suitable and most highly motivated students, coming from various geographic, professional and academic backgrounds. For this purpose, the motivation letter you need to submit with your application is very important. It should include your thoughts on the museum and heritage field in your country (or region) and how you envisage your role in it. How would graduating from our master's programme help you contribute to its development?
In order to get a better impression of each other an interview will be scheduled, taking place in person or via Skype or Facetime.
In order to apply you first need to register in Studielink, the portal for higher education in the Netherlands. Creating a Studielink account only means that you apply for the selection procedure, it has no further consequences or obligations.
Once your Studielink account has been set up and you have registered for our master's programme in Museology, you will receive an email with an enrolment form attached, requesting to provide all required documents.
In order to complete your application, you need to provide:
- The completed enrolment form;
- Official copies of transcripts from previous colleges/universities;
- A current resume outlining education, relevant work experience and other information to be considered for admission;
- A copy of your passport and a passport photo;
- A statement of intent of between 500 and 1,000 words explaining expectations, career goals and interests in the field, and exploring thoughts about the museum and heritage field in your country;
- If applicable, an English language test certificate (IELTS 6.5 or equivalent) or a transcript of your havo or vwo degree (Dutch students only).
Three reference letters must be sent by the referees personally to email@example.com.
15 March 2019
For students who will be applying for a scholarship
1 April 2019
1 May 2019
Thereafter students can only be admitted if we have not reached the maximum number of students.
Registering for separate modules
If you have any questions or need help with completing the application, please contact Wilma Wesselink.